Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Day: New Years Decorations 1 '08

Bruce always goes into a major funk when I take down the Christmas decorations.  He says it makes him feel like the party is over.  This year I decided to avoid ending the year on a sad downbeat, by refocusing his attention on the new year and its festivities. I decided to switch the decorations from Christmas to New Years.  I stripped the tree five days after Christmas and packed away all the multicolored ornaments, along with the Santas,  and the red and green garlands .  But I left out anything that was gold or silver colored.  


 I clustered the gold and silver ornaments in clear glass bowls,


 or surrounding them with thin silver sparkle garlands.


  I put gold candles on the mantle and side tables.


The local party store sold me some colorful noisemakers and silver and gold colored New Years hats to sprinkle in with the other decos.  Ta Dah!  


 Bruce felt like the party kept right on going.

No comments: