Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boston Briefly 8 '08


Minute Man Statue
Our last stop was in Boston at “the Commons”.   

Swan Boats on the Lake
What was surprising was that I also enjoyed this part of the trip (I tend to get a bit tense in high rise big cities).   Maybe this was because Bruce knows me well or perhaps because in his late teens Bruce enjoyed hanging out there.  Regardless, ‘The Commons’   and its surrounding streets were his first choice of locations to end the weekend.
I couldn’t have agreed more. I’ve been to Boston many times and to me this area is its heart and soul.  I have always appreciated the old churches, and iconic buildings.  But, this was my first visit to the swan gardens. I was impressed.
and iconic buildings.  


 But, this was my first visit to the Swan Gardens. I was impressed.


As soon as Bruce dropped me off at home he had to leave for work, we agreed it would be wise to try to get a few hours sleep before we caught our red-eye flight home, so we booked our final night at the Boston Airport Hilton.  This was the view from our hotel room just before dark.  It was a fitting end to one of the most nostalgic and romantic trips we have taken.

View from our hotel room

No comments: