Thursday, July 16, 2009

The McClellans visit SC 7 '09

My daughter, Laura, her husband David, and our two grandsons came for a brief visit. this week. By the time they arrived, they had already spent two weeks vacationing in Florida, and were exhausted.  As Ryan put it " Too much vacation, Grandma."  Poor babies!
 By the next morning everyone felt a lot more rested so we took off to explore the area
First stop was She Sells Sea Shells where I work part time.  The boys loved the place and I bought them each a bag of shells to take home as a souvenier.
Then we went to Pawleys Island North where we collected so  shells from the beach and played in the warm waves
By that time it was really hot, so we went to Georgetown  to get an ice-cream cone.
We also toured the shrimp docks and bought some fresh shrimp for dinner
 Unfortunately the visit was all too short  and soon it was time to take them back to the airport tocatch their flight home. I  made sure I left enough time to  let them take a quick driving tour of McClellanville.  David was thrilled when I gave him a book about the history of the town
Bye Guys.  We will really miss you!

No comments: