Friday, February 22, 2013

MB Quilt Show 2 _13

I attended the Myrtle Beach Quilt Show today with my friends Janet and Noreen.
 

 As always the show was filled with  many  many beautiful quilts.  I nominated  the quilt named "Impossible Dreams" for Best in show.

 
Each square was unique, yet each combined perfectly within the  complex design, and the technical execution flawless... of course it only took the quiltmaker seven years to finish it..

Needless to say the competition for prizes was fierce , with many beautiful quilts in all of the categories.Here are a few of the others I liked
I nominated this small art quilt for top prize in its category.  With all of its stitchery and careful use of colored fabric it could almost pass for a painting.
 There were many beautiful traditional quilts, but in the end my favorites always came down to well executed design and bright cheerful colors
 
I nominated this small quilted wall hanging for first prize in its category.  I loved the mermaids flowing design .
These two caught my attention for their use of color

No comments: