Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Return trip from Hell 6 '13

The drive home yesterday turned into the trip from hell., . Just before we left, the servo motor on the drivers side of our tow vehicle died, leaving the window fully open. We didn't have the tools to get it up with us, so we decided that I would follow him in the Honda and Bruce would drive the RV. That way I could pull over and find shelter if it started getting too wet inside. Halfway home he phoned me that the battery in the RV was dying. We made it about ten more miles before he had to pull into the lot of the Bethel Holiness Worship Mission and call AAA. Long story short... Rv's been towed to a repair facility in Florence and we packed everything we could in the back seat of the Honda. BJ drove the car home with the window still down, and me holding Kat on my lap. Thank goodness she is a good little traveler... most kitties would be trying to claw their way out of the car.. but she just cuddled up against me and sniffed the air for a scent of home. Honda window is still broken, and its still storming , so Bruce put some plastic and an umbrella over it until the storm passes enough to take the door apart.

No comments: