Monday, July 22, 2013

Great article on "Myrtle Beach sun, sand, plantations (oh, and 100 golf courses)

I found  a very thorough  online article which gives an excellent over view of the area  where we live.


  It's titled:
"Myrtle Beach sun, sand, plantations (oh, and 100 golf courses)"
by Victor Block on July 6, 2013
The article starts out:
"When I told a friend I was going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, he asked if I was taking golf clubs. After I reminded him that I don’t play golf, he inquired, “So you’re going to relax on the beach, right?” Wrong!

Most of the 15 million or so people who visit the Myrtle Beach area each year do go to golf and soak up the sun. Not surprising, because the destination has over 100 excellent golf courses and is bordered by a 60-mile stretch of inviting soft sand beaches. As I discovered, it also has history-rich towns, reminders of southern plantation life and intriguing cultural tidbits, any of which alone would be reason enough to go there."
Then continues to describe every aspect of the community .  To learn more, go to:
http://www.consumertraveler.com/traveler/myrtle-beach-sun-sand-plantations-oh-and-100-golf-courses/ 

No comments: