Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day 5 '14

I had a very small selection of herbs plant
Potted herbs in planter
ed in pots outside the Carolina Room.   Nothing fancy .. just the basics rosemary, thyme  marjoram, basil  and parsley.  I woke up this morning to find every single one of them had been uprooted and their potting soil spread all over the porch. This is actually the second time those pots have been ransacked this week, but the first time the culprit only uprooted one small rosemary.  This time it ravaged the entire herb garden.  I am so P.O. ed
Ravaged herb planter
The good news is that it only uprooted the herbs whole, and did  not eat them, so I was able to repot them.  The even better news is that I was planning on planting some flowers in pots to attract butterflies, so  pot gardening was already on my to do list for the day... Just not this much pot gardening.  
 
Repotted  with some flowers to attract Humming Birds and butterflies
The flowers were my Mother's Day gift.
Equally good is that the critter(s) did not go near any of the small herb and flower  planters I have along the front walkway to the house.
Front entry garden
The bad news is that I fear the critter will return.  We think it is probably a raccoon hoping to find a bulb to snack on ( there aren't any).  Bruce is going to  try to capture it with his havahart trap tonight

No comments: