Friday, March 8, 2019

What to do with Garlic / Bacon Crisps: 3 ' 19

I woke up this morning to the smell of grilled  bacon and garlic.  It seems that Bruce decided he wanted Maple flavored bacon for breakfast, but didn't want to waste the already opened package   hickory smoked bacon that was in  the fridge.   So he grilled what remained in the open package with some sliced garlic and  put it in a bowl for me to use 'with something" later on. 


Lucky for him I've been spending  a lot of time snapping photos of recipes from the magazines in waiting rooms,.  This recipe from Southern Living for "creamy rice with scallops" (and bacon and garlic) looked like it would do the trick,  


Fortunately, we already had all the ingredients in the house (including scallops and shrimp plus  the pre-crisped bacon and garlic)  so I made us  a delicious southern low-country dinner  this evening.

Now I just have to find a way to rid the house of  that garlic/bacon scent.



No comments: