Sunday, September 22, 2019

Decorating Our Home for Fall: 9 '19

Autumn is my favorite time of year.  I love its brightly colored leaves bountiful harvests and the hind of coolness in the air.  I love the month of September because it usshers in my havorite season: Fall.  
To Celebrate the arrival of Fall, I usually start decorating our home  right after the Labor Day Holiday ends. 

Usually  the decor  change is subtle:
There's a freindly smiling scarecrow to greet you in the front yard


and at the front door.


Within a day, two more appeared at the back door this year.


But the real fun begans  when I pulled all my fall Seasonal 
decorations out of the attic and got to work  decorating the interior of the house


Brightly colored fall leaves  cascade down in front of the windows 


and  hang over tables and shelves loaded with  autumn's bounty .

Live pepper plants in the Sun room
We grow a lot of different kinds of pepper plants throughout the summer.  The smaller live plants, along with many of the harvested crop always seem to make it into the decor before they get eaten.

Live peppers and mini pumpkins in the kitchen window
Lichen covered branches on the mantle
I like all the lichen covered  branches I find in the woods at this time of year.
 Those go on display along with apples and maple leaves.



We love the way all our beautiful artwork


looks with  bright highlights of Fall color around them. 


Even on the most discouraging of days, 
mother nature's exuberance is sure to our spirits,
 and make us glad to be alive.

No comments: