Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Our family has Doubled in size: 4 '20

My neighbor delivered the two brothers to us yesterday at about 6 pm.   
Their first family  gave them the names: "Lil Bit" and "Teddy Bear."
It was  our first chance to see or interact with them.   

Physically they seem like  identical twins,  so  I have no idea which is which.  We are hoping that their given names mean that one is larger than the other. (If not, they will be given 2nd family names based upon their personalities.)


The first thing we have learned is that there is a big difference in the personalities of the two cats.

The larger is very bold and vocal and friendly. ( In fact I have been having a hard time posting this because he keeps wanting to sit on my lap ( or on the keyboard) to get my attention and /or pets.) and he has become Bruce's new BFF.




The smaller of the two is very timid.  When he speaks it sounds like a low chirp, and while he is not aggressive, he  is definitely not a risk taker.


As soon as I opened the carrier, the quieter one made a beeline into the furthest recess of the cat condo and buried himself in the blankets that came from his first home. I can see he used the litter box while we were asleep, but he hasn't come out while we've been up and about. I am not pushing him. The doors  to the  cage are open, he isn't locked in, and he is watching his brother coming and going and interacting with us. I'm hoping that, his brother will coax him out to join the  family.

No comments: