Thursday, July 9, 2020

Cats have a new maze to play in: 7 2020

  
 It's been a long time since we have shared out home with young  energetic cats and our new kitties seem a bit bored with chasing toy balls and laser lights.  I decided to make them a maze where they could practice their  hunting skills to find hidden treats.



I've been collecting cardboard boxes for the past month
I reinforced all the edges and sealed the flaps with strapping tape. then  cut holes in some of the sides so that the cats could pass from one box to another.


The boys helped me check that each box would  bear their weight 


 and test each  opening to make sure it was large enough for them to pass through .
Yesterday, I  started assembling the components on either side of my computer console.
I added a enclosed box bridge behind the monitor to  connect the two parts of the maze on either side of the desk.  from there they can hop to their window napping platforms  on adjacent wall, or leap  onto to their cat tower on the opposite wall.



It's not pretty ..YET  but I have plans to paint and a lot more embellishments to come. 
  The boys  have wasted no time checking out every corner  of the basic model
 both inside and out 
 and


THEY LOVE IT.

No comments: