Saturday, March 27, 2021

Making Charoset for Passover: 3 '21

 

Usually, I just make an Ashkenazi charoset with apple, honey, nuts, and cinnamon for Passover, but I felt inspired by this article to try something new.

So I spent a couple of hours this morning making batches of the Panamian, Turkish, and Israeli charoset ( See recipe link below). Bruce acted as my taste tester ( I really had to twist his arm on this assignment). In all, I wound up canning twelve jars of charoset. Normally I'd think that would be enough to last us a year, ( which is why I didn't try making any of the other charosets recipes), but as much as Bruce liked these delights, I have a feeling they may vanish as soon as I unseal the jar. I am going to set a few jars aside for use at our Passover Seder.

Israeli charoset, Sephardic charoset, Panamian charoset, Turkish charoset... even Texas-style charoset! Find your new favorite. https://bddy.me/3evynwH

No comments: