Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Golf at Pawleys Plantation: 7 '22







Today, Bruce and I decided to play a round of golf at our favorite course:
  Pawleys Plantation.  


To beat the midsummer heat, we started at 10:30 am and played the Back 9 holes before the ground temperatures of the fairways heated up.




That strategy worked out well for us.

In addition to being my favorite part of the course.  The Back 9 holes are adjacent to the Pawleys Island marsh which makes for some of the most beautiful views on this course  ( and some of the most technically challenging holes on this course).


And, being adjacent to the wide open spaces of the marsh, brings the additional benefit of a cooling ocean breeze.

That certainly helped when the air temps reached the mid- 90s

But not enough that I wanted to play more than my usual 9 holes,
 while Bruce wanted to coninue on to play all 18



After checking the sky, Bruce assured me he would be fine play the front 9 holes as a single, 
while I went off shopping  for plants at my favorite local nursery ( Culinary  Inlet Gardens in Murrells Inlet)

I am pretty sure who got the better end of that deal.



The sky  opened up on hime amost as soon as I drove out of the plantation

But he did manage to finish all 18 holes




While I got a whole box full  of tropical plants for our yard.



So we both were happy with the day.










No comments: