Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tulip poplar in Bloom: 4 '2023

The Tulip Poplars in our backyard are in bloom.  They have pretty little blossoms, but they grow so high up in the tree that unless you are in the habit of walking around looking straight up at the sky, I doubt that you would even be aware that they are blooming. 



From the ground below the tree, they are not visible at all,  The blossoms are all on the outermost tips of the tallest branches and the foliage below them blocked my view.  I took some photos of the tree from the front yard, but then I was too far away, and when I zoomed in, the wind was moving the tree tips so much that all I got was colored blurs.



The best photos I have are of the blossoms the wind has knocked off of the trees.



As you can see, they really are quite pretty. It's just unfortunate they only bloom so high in the air .






No comments: