Friday, January 29, 2010

Myrtle Beach Quilt Show 1/29/10

 Today  my neighbors Nancy Susla and Janet Holmes and I went to see the Myrtle Beach Quilt Show.
There is no shortage of fabric artists in South Carolina 
A hand painted Quilt
 and the show featured row after row of  finely crafted quilts. 
Traditional cut out  applique quilt
 Full and closeup view of cut out quilt

Close up of Applique cut out quilt
 A batik fabric quilt
 As with many such shows, the audience got to participate in the  judging  based upon both the size and the type of quilt.  The quilts shown above were my runner up selections. Below are my selections for  the Best in Class Awards.
My favorite Small Quilt
Above My favorite Medium size Quilt

My favorite Large Quilt
  And finally, this is the quilt all three of us voted Best in Show.  We all loved the humor, and color,  and story telling  skill the artist used in rendering the concept.
Janet with Best in Show

No comments: