Monday, May 31, 2010

Thursday Evenings at the Ebb and Flow 5 '10

I've been scouting local outlets looking for an appropriate local outlet for my paintings. As you may remember from the first time I visited,  The Ebb and Flow Gallery Coop  it was early in the day, and there was no one else in the gallery.  

 My husband, Bruce puts in a long day in his home office on Thursdays. He starts at 8 am and often doesn't get off of work before 7 pm. Clearly after a day like that anything that gets him house of the house, and thinking about something other than computers, is a good thing. He loves music so as soon as he clocked out, it wasn't hard to talk him into going out a local hot spot for live entertainment.


First stop -- the Ebb and Flow Gallery in Murrell's Inlet.

I've been scouting local outlets looking for an appropriate local outlet for my paintings. As you may remember from the first time I visited,  The Ebb and Flow Gallery Coop  it was early in the day, and there was no one else in the gallery.   I wanted to revisit it at a higher traffic time.  On Thursday evenings the gallery has a live folk musicians, complementary wine,
 

 and will brew up a wide selection of fresh coffee drinks.
  It was really pleasant... much like stepping back into the 60s and 70s when folk singers and coffee shops were the 'in' social centers of many communities.  I will check it out again in the the future..

No comments: