Friday, August 27, 2010

Duh! There's a reason it's called an art business ' 8 '1010

It' been a long week... filled with lots of tedious business activities.

My business plan calls for my spending one day a month updating my website  with photos of the newest paintings.  But I was on a roll and let it slide for nearly three months... FIRST MISTAKE.  By the time I got around to it  there was so much work to do that I decided to use my outdated but familiar Frontpage Publisher software.... SECOND BIG MISTAKE.   There's a reason that MS replaced Frontpage with Sharepoint.  Frontpage is so full of bugs that I wound up redoing each page  multiple times.  What should have been a two day effort took three and a half.  Next time I will stick to the plan with monthly updates and take the time to learn Sharepoint... It will be faster in the long
run..
Then it took me another day and a half to update all my business records ( Inventory, quickbook accounting, mileage reports, state quarterly tax filings, etc.)  Ugh... It is SO BORING .. but necessary if I want to run this as a business.   DUH!  There's a reason it's called a art business.

No comments: