Friday, August 23, 2013

Scratch, Made from Scratch, 8 '13

I make homemade soup  from scratch at least two time a week, so I am pretty good at Matzo ball and lentil and chicken noodle, lentil etc..  Bruce loves them and brags to everyone about how I make the best soups.  I generally do not use prepackaged spice mixes in my soups (fewer nitrates and no MSG in my soup), but this week, while shopping for lentils, the  Manischewitz Minestrone Soup mix caught my eye...yellow & green lentils, beans,macaroni and a host of vegetables all in the right quantities for a single crock pot of soup.... . so much more economical  than trying to purchase and put together 1/8 cup of this/1/4 cup of that.  I decided to give it a try.  Of course there was no separating out the spices so they went into the pot too (along with chicken broth a chicken breast and a whole bunch more fresh vegetables).  Bruce raved about it for the rest of the evening... just like Mom's... blah blah So authentic blah blah Tastes just right blah blah  blah.  So much for my  home made from scratch being the best!

No comments: