Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Road Trip: Day 10- Rockport, MA 8 '13

By August 12th, we'd  spent 10 days in almost non stop socializing.  We both needed a change of pace.   Not once since we left  had I dragged him into an art gallery or museum. Bruce decided it would be wise  to give me a strong dose of art exposure before I went into withdrawals, so he surprised me with a unplanned side-trip to Rockport, Mass
Rockport Harbor
 This small art community is just an hour drive north of Boston.  The setting is quintessential New England with its  rocky shoreline and colorful harbor.  Not surprisingly, the scenery has attracted artists for over a century, and the town has become a well established artists community. Following the artists are scores of tourists anxious to purchase local art  &/or enjoy the beautiful shore.  Fortunately for Bruce and I we went there mid week on a beautiful sunny day; many of the tourists were at the beach enjoying  the fine weather.
Please note.. Not one person is in the water.  The water is that cold, even in mid Aug,
 Scores of art galleries line the hilly streets in the town center, and even more gift shops and eateries are crammed onto the two piers that just into the harbor.  I think I hit every fine art painting gallery in town before we had a great lobster lunch on the pier.  Do I look happy, or what?
 

No comments: