Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Back 9 at Indian Wells Golf Club: 5 '16

One of our goals is to play every golf course in the Grand Stand area. There are over a hundred golf courses in the Myrtle Beach area alone, so its going to take us awhile to play all of theme. Today,we played the back nine holes of Indian Wells Golf Course.. (We'd played the front 9 a couple of weeks ago.



The 18-hole "Indian Wells" course at the Indian Wells Golf Course features 6,624 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72. We really like this course. The narrow, undulating fairways and greens are well maintained, and there are LOTS of water hazards to up the challenge.


Bruce was consistently beating me by one point on every hole until we reached the 17th Fairway. Then he wound up in the drink, and I got par. He didn't look too happy. 

The eighteen fairway wasn't much kinder. I made it over the water and to the green in three shots. Bruce did too, but one of those was a penalty point was because he wound up in the water again. 


My third shot onto the 18th green was the one I was the happiest about. I chipped it up a hill 4 ' over the height of my head and landed a few feet from the pin which I couldn't see. Both of us got par on that hole.

Read more about this course at
http://indianwellsgolfclub.com/indian-wells-golf-club/

No comments: