Thursday, October 8, 2020

Celebrating Day 6 of Sukkot: 10 '20

 Today was the 6th day of Sukkot


We are still celebrating this Jewish Holiday by eating all of our meals  inside our Sukkah, and reciting the traditional prayers in Hebrew*


Bruce has always told me I would love celebrating Sukkot.  I don't know what took me so long, but I wish I had listen to him sooner. Our Sukkah feel like such a sanctuary of  peace in these troubled  times.  Even our cats love hanging out within it's  tranquil walls.

* The book Bruce is holding is  notebook I made, called,

"The Book of Sukkot."  

It contains a lot of reference material I collected about the art, history, stories,  and  cultural traditions of Sukkot celebrations around our world, along with all of  the holiday's mandated prayers and  rituals.  

Bruce was using it to read the evening Blessings in Hebrew.

No comments: