Friday, April 16, 2021

Egg Honey Challah Bread: 4 ' 21

 


We love egg challah, but most of the recipes I see on the internet make two or more loaves. That's entirely too much bread for a two-person household to eat while it is still fresh. But then I found this recipe for challah rolls which makes 10 rolls. ( https://merryboosters.com/challah-rolls-recipe/). The printed recipe isn't as easy to follow as the video (e.g The video shows how to make the knots), but seeing both sets of directions makes this recipe almost fool-proof. I say almost because it doesn't tell you how much space you need between the rolls. I originally put all ten on one baking sheet, then realized that they were probably too close so I moved half of them to a second sheet before baking. When I did that, the jostling caused my perfect knots to collapse a bit so my rolls are not as knotted as they were before I moved them. They still look lovely and smell and taste amazing. And I think they would also work well as hamburger buns My husband says I screwed up .. he now wants me to make a batch every Friday before Shabbat starts. ( see photo above )
Note
I used King Arthur all-purpose flour for this recipe, next week I will try it using King Arthur bread flour or KA artisan flour and let y'all know how it works out

No comments: