Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Low Country Birthday Celebration 4 '08

Bruce was so happy he could talk me into playing golf

April 30th was Bruce's birthday. Our friends, Jim and Becky Sullivan surprised Bruce with a lunch of home-made pizza, followed by 18 holes of golf . It was a perfect birthday gift. Bruce has wanted me to play golf with him ever since we arrived. 
Friend, Jim Sullivan
Our friends, Jim and Becky joined us
Becky Sullivan
 I have to say, Par three courses are a lot quicker and more relaxed than the crowded pro  championship courses.
Even I had a grin on my face while I was playing
Since I had never so much as held a club, we decided to play at a nearby executive course in Myrtle Beach. To my surprise, I could not only hit the ball, I was able to drive it in the direction I intended it to go. It was probably little more than beginners luck, but Bruce was overjoyed. We all had such a good time that he thinks I should be playing with him all the time.

No comments: