Sunday, October 3, 2021

Halloween is coming: 10'21



 As soon as Sukkot ended, my attention turned to  Halloween. 

Its' always been my favorite holiday of the year,

 and  

I always look forward eagerly to the first day of October when I can bring my collection of seasonal decorations out of storage.     Opening each storage box feels like I am like having a reunion with an old friend. 

I have years and years of  Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving decorations carefully labeled and stored in the attic.   Many of them are generic enough that, with a little rearrangement,  I can keep utilizing them across the entire fall season.


Our 2021 Halloween Door Wreath

For example, I have a lot of fall foliage, that can be mixed with Spooky signage to form a Halloween wreath.

 

Our 2020 Thanksgiving Door wreath

Or, the signage can be swapped out for a  scarecrow for use at Thanksgiving.



Or, the foliage can be mixed with a crow for some indoor seasonal color. 

You get the idea, how this works.

The first order of the day was to decorate the inside of our home. With distributing the Fall foliage around the great room insuring that there were cheerful bits of bright Fall colors everywhere.

Then I started adding  black candles,



black cats, 


and other  Halloween accents

everywhere space allowed.


e.g. A Witches hat hangs on the banister and 

the Lil' Boos and Ghouls Room had their own greeters.

Some areas got special attention.



But the Dining room table is the start of the season.


Bats hang from the chandelier,


And each table setting 

has its own set of 

skulls and bones.


No comments: