Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Self-Crusting Coconut Pie: 10 ' 21


 

Yesterday, a Betty Crocker recipe for a self- crusting coconut pie caught my eye. I must admit I was a bit skeptical, and the crust is always the most unpredictable part of any pie . But then, I already had all the ingredients in the house, so why not give it a try. I must admit, I am impressed with how well it turned out.



While in the oven, the pie puffed up gloriously, and the coconut filling formed a beautiful caramel-colored crunchy topping that smelled as wonderful as it looked. After I took it out of the oven, the pie filling began to collapse in upon itself, but still looked quite pretty. Once it was cool enough to cut open, I found that the recipe did indeed create a thin crust all around the pie's dense filling. The pie filling tastes like a cross between a coconut custard and a rich vanilla pound cake.

( Find Recipe at) https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-coconut-pie/dca95b46-58a1-4253-81ae-6091f4abf47c?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social_organic&utm_campaign=MSP_XX%3F&mktgimp=pancakedrymx&fbclid=IwAR3_LrQoaNH0PGAK1f7RHMQqhN_SxyCxO3LvTpxFA11t8SDbbGGDwq-gJu8

No comments: