Friday, September 25, 2020

It's Thai Tonight: 9 '20

Last night we decided to make Thai food for dinner, using ingredientswe had on hand. A quick inventory  of what we had in our fridge, and the menu was set.  We were Chicken Pad Thai with a side of Thai Basil eggplant.

Both dishes required a lot of ingredients, so I soon had the  counters covered with small bowls of chopped veggies and greens,  backed by jars of exotic smelling spices.  I cooked  the eggplant dish first, and then kept it warm in a lidded container set in a warm water bath, while I stir fried the ingredients for the Pad Thai.


Bruce loves Pad Thai
And was more than happy to 
eat a large helping, but his real favorite was my  eggplant dish.


So, today we made a grocery run for  more fresh veggies (for tonight's Ratatoulle), and what did I find by the checkout counter, but the latest edition of my favorite cooking  magazine: 


Forks over Knives

And what was inside this issue?

You guessed! 


Pad Thai (with Tofu)  and


Thai eggplant.

The FOK version  of the eggplant dish looks prettier than my recipe (probably due to the way they chopped the ingredients), but the two recipes were remarkably similar.
(For the eggplant recipe I followed see:
https://www.cookwithmanali.com/thai-basil-eggplant/)

No comments: